Monday, August 19, 2013

Fight Flu and Colds With Chicken Soup!

Rainy Season and flu is just around the corner.
I've been having a bad day because my colds has just started and I have a dry cough then I remember my Mom's Chicken Soup that is really good in helping me get rid of my flu and colds. Also, a perfect meal during those hard rainy days.

Based on research, any hot soup most especially Chicken Soup can loosen up the congestion of your clogged nose and keeps you hydrated. It should help you get back on your feet fast.

I'll be sharing my Mom's Chicken Soup Recipe. This recipe is really healthy and it is easy to make.

You'll be needing:

2 lbs of Chicken Breast Fillet
1/4 head of Cabbage (shredded)
Spinach (Optional)
Onion (sliced)
Tomato (coarsely chopped)
2 Carrots (peeled, sliced)
Garlic Cloves (minced)
Fresh Chives (chopped)
Fresh Basil (chopped)
Salt
Pepper
3 Cups of Chicken Broth (add more if you want more soup)

Procedure:
Cover Chicken in Water. Remove the Chicken after 1 hour. (The water will serve as your chicken broth)

After removing the Chicken, let it cool for about 5 minutes then half fried it in a Pan.

Meanwhile, Prepare all the remaining ingredients then add it to the Chicken broth after removing the chicken. Let it boil, then add the half fried chicken into the pot.

Let it simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the meat is heated trough. Serve hot.

Best with a Garlic Bread.


Doing this recipe will not only relief your colds but it can also satisfy your cravings. Most especially when you have flu and you can't even taste anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment